Still Life 1/100

I suck at painting! I gotta admit it. I figured I needed to review the basics and all. Bought this tutorial from CtrlPaint about Basic Rendering and it's really cool and worth it. You should check it out!

Here's the piece I did.


By the way, I did the sphere exercises before doing the still life to refresh myself. I'm glad I did it. Took some quick notes. And it's really about breaking down the basic components of light and shadow. Observe and simplify it. 


Here's the little process I did. Not tracing the image trains your eyes to look closely. It pays off in the long run. So I sketched out the reference. And I painted it similar to how I painted the spheres. So directional light first, then the reflected light, and finally I added the occlusion shadows. And some polishing and detailing. Then called it done. Hope this becomes useful to anyone who's still starting out in digital painting. 


If you want to learn faster, check out the CtrlPaint Store.
http://ctrlpaint.myshopify.com/

Anyway, gotta practice more!

Comments

Popular Posts